10. Healing Touch promotes healthy immune function – Being pregnant and sick is the worst. You can’t take many medicines and inadequate relief from symptoms leaves you feeling miserable. Healing Touch helps your immune system function efficiently so you can fight off illnesses more effectively and not get sick in the first place.
9. Healing Touch promotes relaxation – Let’s face it pregnancy is often a stressful time and as labor approaches there are a lot of fears and anxieties that can bubble to the surface. Healing Touch is a proven way to induce the relaxation response in your body. This allows you focus on releasing anything that is not serving you. It induces a feeling of calm and inner peace.
8. Healing Touch prepares your body for the physical changes that are to come – Healing Touch decreases wound healing time and encourages the self-healing of the body. Receiving Healing Touch before you give birth allows your body to prepare for birth and for possible interventions.
7. Healing Touch decreases pain – During pregnancy there are a lot of common discomforts that you may experience. Healing Touch can alleviate these discomforts and allow you to be more comfortable during this sacred time.
6. Healing Touch helps you ground and center yourself – Preparing for baby is a busy time. Healing Touch slows you down and encourages you to be present in the moment.
5. Healing Touch strengthens your connection with your baby – Healing Touch allows you to quiet your mind and be present with your baby. You can start bonding with this new person before birth. You will appreciate the memories you created while you were present with your baby before birth. Savor this time (even if you can’t wait for it to be over) and be present with your baby.
4. Healing Touch promotes restful sleep – I will cite the relaxation response again. This response is turned on in the body by Healing Touch and it induces relaxation. Restful sleep can often be challenging to get during pregnancy. Healing Touch can help you make the most of the sleep you are getting. So let go, relax and get some restorative sleep.
3. Healing Touch decreases fatigue – This one doesn’t need much explanation. Your body is growing a new human and that takes a lot of energy. Healing Touch can help restore your energy and get you through the early days of fatigue or the last weeks and days of pregnancy.
2. Healing Touch is part of good self-care – Receiving Healing Touch can be part of your self-care regimen. Having a baby changes everything and it is important to take care of yourself during this time. Nurturing a habit of self-care before baby arrives will make it easier to care for yourself after birth because you have already incorporated good self-care into your life. Practicing self-care is not just important for your overall health it is also a good example for your children too. As a well-cared for mother you can be the best version of yourself.
1. Healing Touch supports you during transitions in life – Having a baby is the biggest transition in life and I say this because it effects every aspect of your life and is a complete role change. It affects the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual aspects of your being. Healing Touch can help you prepare for this shift.
Have more questions about Healing Touch? Read more about it HERE.